-->

Pages

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

101 Things in 1001 Days


This is a short-term bucket list, 101 things I want to accomplish in 1001 days, or about 2 3/4 years. I'm really excited about it, because it will help keep me motivated to get things done, but isn't so daunting as a lifelong bucket list. I'll continually update this post as I complete things:) And I'll try to make a new one when this one finishes!

Creating the list is actually a lot harder than it looks! I currently have only 100... I finished about 90 of them in three days, but that last handful is the hardest because I keep deleting and adding new stuff.

I learned about this from my bestie, who discovered it from Mackenzie Horan, and was originally created by the Day Zero Project.



And something brilliant one of my favorite blogger's said in a End of Year post: 
"Always remember the purpose for setting goals is to be transformed by them in the process. What they make of you is always far greater than what you actually achieve!"

Start date: Jan 1, 2014. End date: Sep 28, 2016.

Blogging
Regularly post at least 2x/wk for 90 days.
Have a guest blogger.
Be a guest blogger/be featured on another blog.


Cooking/Food
Make ten recipes off of Pinterest.
Try twenty new restaurants. (12/20)
Learn how to make 5 cocktails. (3/5)
Eat with chopsticks for an entire meal.
Make family recipe pickles with Mama.


Crafting
Learn to French braid.
Complete 3 DIY projects.
Learn to knit.
Learn to sew.
Learn to use a sewing machine.
Flatten pennies on a railroad.
Photograph the same landscape in all four seasons.
Make 10 friendship bracelets for others. (1/10)
Finish half the pages of my creativity journal.
OKDOTHIS every day for 30 days.
Post on Instagram every day for 30 days.


Entertainment
Watch twenty classic films.
Watch five Audrey Hepburn films. (1/5)
Go to a drive-in movie.


Learning
Finish my bachelor’s degree…
Learn to snowboard/ski. In progress!
Memorize 3 poems.
Take rock climbing classes.
Learn how to use fondant on a cake.
Learn how to play the ukulele.
Learn how to do a smokey eye.
Take a MOOC.
Finish my Sudoku book.
Keep a potted plant alive for 90 days.
Reach C2 level in French.
Reach B2 level in a 3rd language (probably Spanish).
Keep First Aid/CPR certification valid.
Learn how to do a cartwheel.
Learn 5 kinds of knots (from Daddy Dearest).
Learn 3 new card games.
Learn the capitals and locations of all countries in Europe.
Use duolingo everyday for 30 days.
Learn code from http://code.org/learn


Organizational
Inspire someone to write a list of his/her own.
Organize my closet(s) and get rid of all the things I never wear.
Organize all pics on comp from phone.
Upload travel pics to Facebook.
Make a list of birthdays & addresses.
Organize a digital address book.
Purchase a tablet for class use.
Buy a new laptop!
Back up docs/hard drive.
Organize my bookmarks.
Repay English club.
Keep inbox at 0 everyday for 30 days.


Reading
Read 3 news articles everyday for 30 days.
Read the Bible in its entirety.
Finish Duvall devotional book.
Read 3 religious works outside of Christianity.
Read 10 classic novels (not JA).
Read every Jane Austen novel. (1/6)
Read 5 poetry books.
Finish the Eragon series (books 3&4).
Read the Narnia series.
Read Marcel Pagnol series (French).
Read HP series in French. (1/7)
Read and Return all borrowed books. (0/8)
Read 60 books (including all aforementioned), 15 being in French. (16/60)


Travel
Go to five new countries.
Go to Paris with a significant other.
Go to London and do 10 touristy things.
Become a member for United’s mileage points.
Go on a trip with Marina.


Wellbeing
Take a ballroom dance class.
Work out three times a week for at least 90 days.
30×30 Challenge (30mins of dedicated exercise time for 30 consecutive days).
Jog a mile without stopping.
Get a facial for the first time.
Give blood for the first time and find out my blood type.
Go to a gyno for the first time.
Limit sodas to one day a week. So far, so good! 


Writing
Send fifty handwritten letters.
Send out Christmas cards.
Write a letter to a U.S. soldier.
Learn calligraphy.
Start a one-sentence journal.
Write a “50 things I love about me” list.
Make a gratitude list for a month. In Progress
Participate in NaNoWriMo.
Write at least four short stories per year.


Other
Send my mom flowers out of the blue.
Go bungee jumping.
Go to a club.
Family photo shoot.
Buy a lottery ticket.
Go paintballing.
Sing for someone without the radio.
Mail someone a surprise package.
Build a huge fort in living room.
Give something up for Lent and stick with it.
Buy a new swimsuit that I feel good in.
Get a manicure for the first time.


100 things

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea and a great list. I especially like the quote you included at the end. I need to do a list like this myself....thanks for the inspiration,

    ReplyDelete